What’s on your stack of books to read over the summer? M. wants your summer reading recommendations and to spice things up, he’s offering to give away a copy of one of his books for his favorite recommendation (paperback, ebook or audiobook). Check out what he has been reading lately below and use the form to send him a book recommendation. If he picks your suggested book, we’ll email you to let you know you’ve won. And YES there could be multiple winners so suggest away!
What author M. Louis has been reading lately:
Currently reading: “She”, by H. Rider Haggard, I’m lovin it so far.
- An Innocent Client by Scott Pratt. Nice beach read, 4 stars.
- Beneath a Scarlet Sky, by Mark Sullivan. Incredible true story about a young Italian man surviving world war II in a heroic fashion, 5 stars.
- The Secret Wife, by Gill Paul. I loved this. Parallel love stories stretched over time and entwined, 5 stars. My recent favorite.
- Departure, entertaining sci fi about unintended consequences, 4 Stars.
- A Criminal Defense, Nice beach read, 4 stars.
- I read 6+ John Le Carre books (Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy, etc.) all excellent books depicting George Smiley as an unassuming but effective spy for the British during the cold war. 4-5 stars.
- The Revenant, by Michael Punke, better than the movie, helped with timeline, 5 stars.
- Almayer’s Folly, by Joseph Conrad, Intriguing depiction of an unusual spot in the world where cultures clashed in the 1800s. 5 stars.
- Big Little Lies, by Liane Moriarty. One of those books that succeeds on the screen as well. Murder in an affluent neighborhood. 5 stars.
- I read several Raymond Chandler books, (Farewell by Lovely). Kind of loses itself in todays world, ie socially insensitive to be mild. 3 stars.